♞Rebecca, California-grown, 24
this blog is about 90% game of thrones and 10% other fandoms
blacklist: "asoiaf spoilers" if you haven't read all the books. seriously, bro.
jewish state. They basically want all the jew annihilated. I’ve also read in news reports that all the bombings Israel has done against Palestine, Israel has given 48hrs warning of the areas they are planning to bomb so people can leave that area, but they don’t leave the area and thus the casualties. Can you give me any more information or rebuttal sources to the things I’ve already read? I just want to understand what is going on. Thank you. I am sorry if I’ve offended you at all. (Part 2/2)
You’re asking for information which isn’t offensive or inflammatory at all so please feel free to ask. The things you’ve read, however, are very much so.
- I’ve read from some people from Columbia in their Middle Eastern Studies group that Israel just wants the right to exist as a jewish state
The existence of a Jewish state is not the problem - the existence of modern day Israel - built at the expense of Palestinians - is. The state of Israel was formed in 1948 on the ethnic cleansing of Palestine, when Zionist forces expelled around a million Palestinians at gunpoint, massacred civilians and destroyed hundreds of villages.
If someone crashes into your home and forces you to leave and then declares your home a Jewish state, are you against the idea of a Jewish state existing (anywhere else in the world) or are you against the fact that someone took over your home?
Palestinians want their land and freedom back.
- and they [Israel] want peace
Literally everything Israel does is against peace. They are working tirelessly to take over Gaza and West Bank and to eradicate as many Palestinians as possible or make them so fed up that they leave.
The sad part is that people somehow remember Israeli leaders’ empty words but never actually question them.
Some examples of how Israel is making sure peace is never achieved:
- The occupation of West Bank; controlling every aspect of the lives of over 2.5 million Palestinians
- Demolishing Palestinian homes and building Jewish-only settlements on stolen Palestinian land
- The inhumane blockade on Gaza, which puts Palestinians ‘on a diet’
- Firing on Gaza fishermen even when they’re still within their waters
- Administrative detention
- Night raids in West Bank
- Checkpoints in West Bank
Peace is when you work with the other side. Not when you continue stealing their land and killing their people.
If you’re wondering why Israel ‘takes part’ in peace talks, it’s to give off the impression that they want a solution, when in reality it buys them time to build more illegal settlements and steal more land. They put ridiculous offers on the table and then scream ‘Palestinians reject peace deal! Palestinians don’t want peace!’.
- I’ve also read in news reports that all the bombings Israel has done against Palestine, Israel has given 48hrs warning of the areas they are planning to bomb so people can leave that area, but they don’t leave the area and thus the casualties. Can you give me any more information or rebuttal sources to the things I’ve already read?
Israel sometimes gives warnings but again it’s mainly for the world’s media.
The so-called warnings are insults - remember that blockade imposed on Gaza by Israel (helped by the Egyptian government)? Palestinians aren’t allowed out so where are they supposed to flee to or shelter in? Hospitals? Schools? Mosques? Israel targets all of them. For example, the UN gave Israel the precise location of one of their schools 17 times before it was bombed. No place is safe. The warnings are just empty words.
Another way Israel ‘warns’ Palestinians is by shooting ‘non-explosive missiles’ at their homes. Watch this video and compare 48 hours to 57 seconds.